Meet the Book Bike Team!
We're excited to bring a new outreach service that gives us a way to take the Library out into the community! The Book Bike is making appearances at events in downtown Louisville, including the Friday Night Louisville Downtown Market Days at St. Louis church and events in Umbrella Alley.
Funded by generous grants from the Louisville Rotary and the Friends of the Louisville Public Library, the Book Bike is a fun way to take the Library on the road, so to speak.
But the Book Bike goes nowhere without Library staff. Employees from every department of the Library have signed up to spend an extra weekend evening outside of their usual working hours, to bring the Book Bike to you! Each time, the Book Bike is stocked with something different--free book giveaways, craft grab bags, coloring packets, flyers for Library events, sometimes even books for sale from the Friends of the Library--and always, candy! In the future, we'll bring popular Library materials to you to check out as well!
While not all are pictured here, our Book Bike Team consists of these Library employees:
- Director Brock Hutchison
- Assistant Director Deborah Long
- Activities & Events Manager Tracey Phillips
- Patron Services Manager Darla Evans
- Technology Manager Shawn Arbogast
- Outreach Coordinator Christina Patient
- Deputy Fiscal Officer Dalia Soza
- Activities & Events Assistant Cindy Mogus
- Activities & Events Assistant Ambritt Green
- Patron Services Assistant Stephanie Phillips
- Patron Services Assistant Tasha Miller
Watch for us at these events in 2021:
- Friday, July 9: Louisville Downtown Market Days 4-7pm
- Friday, July 23: Louisville Downtown Market Days 4-7pm
- Friday, August 13: Louisville Downtown Market Days 4-7pm
- Friday, September 10: Louisville Downtown Market Days 4-7pm
- Sunday, September 19: Paradise Church pre-parade 11:30-2pm
- Sunday, September 19: Constitution Parade 2-4pm
- Friday, September 24: Louisville Downtown Market Days 4-7pm